There are a few different battalions that I serve. One of those battalions are called the Riggers. These are Soldiers who pack up supplies to be dropped out of planes to Soldiers in remote areas. I was given a warm welcome when I met them, but because of my travels I have not been able to get to know them very well yet. On Monday they invited me out to come work with them and so today my assistant and I walked out in the morning and began helping.
Our first task was to help them get all the Parachutes out of the boxes. After disposing of all the cardboard, plastic, and trash, we then began to learn how to tie up some of the barrels that were going to be dropped. My days of working in the hay fields paid off well when it came to some of the knots that are used to hold everything together.
In regards to prayers: We have a couple Soldiers who are struggling with too much on their plates. Struggles here, at home, and the threat around us makes it very easy to use up all our strength and not take care of ourselves. This affects everyone from the leaders at the top, all the way down to our younger enlisted. I would also ask that you pray for me. I am preaching my first deployed sermon on Sunday and am looking forward to what God is going to do.
Blessings!
Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you and the troops.
ReplyDelete