First off, I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers and support. I have received notes and emails from many of you just letting me know that you care. We also received a few boxes from “operation care and Comfort” on the 22nd which was a huge lift to our spirits and to the Soldiers in our area. Along with the prayers and support has come some questions that many of you have about all that has been happening in the past few days.
If you have seen the news then you know all about the issues, and might even know more than I do. What I know is that at this point my Soldiers are safe and are out of harms way. When the conflict and tension was at its worst, I will admit that the thought came to me that of my 900 some Soldiers, I am the only one without a weapon. That is a humbling thought. Praise the lord for the hedge of protection around this base, and my Soldiers. And thank God for my assistant!
Currently, my Soldiers are frustrated, and we are all hoping that we can work through this time with as little conflict as possible. The cold weather has been nice because it keeps people indoors for the most part which will hopefully mean that everyone has more time to let angers settle down before it warms up. As many of you know, I am a part of a Sustainment Brigade which has lots of different kinds of units within it. For example, I am the chaplain for an ordinance unit, finance, postal, customs, HHC (higher headquarters), the riggers, and the retro-sort yard. We are logistics which means that our biggest concern over the past few days is how to get the necessary supplies out to all the Soldiers that require them. Imagine how stressed out we can get in making sure that all the smaller bases have everything they need, especially in very difficult conditions or times of conflict. As the days go on, it seems that things are returning more towards normal, but lots of people are still on edge. Over the past three days, I have given 14 different briefings to Soldiers in regards to proper ways to handle religious materials. Tonight I will give my last two and then I can give my voice a rest for a while.
Thanks for the prayers and support!
Stay strong, Jesse! We love you and are praying for you. your Job is so important! You are impacting so many.
ReplyDelete