Friday, October 28, 2011

    I have decided that there is almost nothing better than getting a package from Lindsay, Ethan, and William.  This is a "party in a box" that I received yesterday.  My Soldier that works in the mail room smiled when he saw that the packing list had "pinata" written on it.  I guess there are not many pinatas in Afghanistan.
  
    Our counterparts (the people we are replacing) are starting to pack up their stuff and head home.  This is a great time for them because they are on their way back to their loved ones.  Its also a great time for us because we are all full of energy and eager to get on with our mission.  I was able to spend a good amount of time Yesterday and today trying to clean up and organize my office.  My assistant has spent much of his time with his counterpart learning the ropes on how to arrange travel for us when I have to travel from post to post. 
  
   It is such an honor to serve our Soldiers.  Early this morning I was able to go out and pray for our convoy before it left out on a mission.  I cannot stress enough how stressful it is to go on a convoy.  Roadside bombs and IED's are the number one killer of our Soldiers.  These young men and women know that they are driving dangerous roads and yet they still go.  These fathers, sons, husbands still go out.  These mothers, daughters, and wives still go out.  They know their duty, and the strength they have as a unit of Soldiers working together to complete the mission.  What an incredible devotion to each other, and to the country.  I cant think of a better example of bravery.  I would ask that you say a special prayer for these people as often as you can. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you notice that your pinata is a donkey?? Go Muleskinners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse, it's great to be able to follow your mission in this way. God bless you for your ministry to and with our soldiers! Praying for your safety and peace!

    ReplyDelete