It is hot and dusty here. I have been really busy the past week or so, and it seems to me that July is going to be a pretty busy month for all of us. My personal laptop has seen better days and is not letting me on the internet at the moment. This means that the pictures will continue to be few and far between until I find another way to get them loaded.
The ministry here is going well. There are about 200 more Soldiers that I am responsible for now then when I first arrived, and that keeps me constantly busy. There is not a lot that I can talk about now, but I wanted to make sure that I pass along some information from some Soldiers who specifically asked me to tell people to pray for them.
-The first Soldier is such an inspiration to me. He came to me just a few days ago and was almost in tears as he talked about how his oldest child has come back into a good relationship with him, and with God. He talked about all the wrong that the child had done, and admitted to some mistakes that he had made as well. He told me about how this deployment has been one of the best things for their relationship because they had to put more work into their communication, and were faced with the fact that the Soldier is deploying and will be in dangerous situations.
-One Soldier is really struggling with some others in their unit. It seems that a lot of this is due to the fact that after spending months and months living in the same room with other people can create big tension at times.
-Another Soldier has struggles at home and is coming to terms with the fact that they are going to be going home to a broken family.
-Another Soldier is really struggling with whether they should get out of the Army now, or sign another contract for a few more years.
-And finally, for myself. Specifically, I need God to be very clear to me about what career path I need to take. Chaplains can concentrate in many different areas such as being a family life chaplain, a hospital chaplain, working at a school house, and a few others. It is close to the time that I am going to need to start making those desires known and, honestly, I go back and forth about what it is that God is leading me to.
Thank you for the prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment