I am so happy that the month of July is done with! For whatever reason, a number of us knew that it was going to be a tough month. On top of the difficult times, three months is just too far away to be getting ready to go home. All of us have our missions to complete, and that does not stop until the day that our replacements take over.
Now, with closer to two months to go, I am letting myself think a little more about coming home. What fun to think about being able to celebrate my birthday, thanksgiving, Christmas, Ethan's birthday, and new years (and on top of all those add my mothers birthday, two sisters-in-law, and my sisters birthday... forgive me if i forgot someone)!
But enough of that, I want to share some good news. My assistant and I are currently in the middle of a battlefield circulation. We flew out on Wednesday, spent the night in another area and flew back to Bagram for less than a day before we hopped on another flight. In my time at Bagram I started my usual pattern of getting all my dirty clothes to the laundry, and cleaning my room and my gear. I just happened to walk through one of the recreation areas (to talk smack to some Soldiers about ping-pong) and a Soldier walked up to me and asked if we could talk outside for a little bit. I said sure, and we walked out to the smoke shack and there, after talking for a while he re-dedicated his life to the Lord. "I feel an empty hole in my life and nothing seems to be able to fill it," he told me as we talked. As we talked, prayed, and even shed some tears. Good stuff. I ask that you pray for this Soldier as he makes these first steps in deepening his relationship with God. I also ask that you pray me as I chat, share, and pray with this Soldier.
Once I get back home I hope to be able to add some pictures.
Thank you for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment