Its Sunday afternoon here. We have a chapel service that meets at 1000 on Sunday mornings and today was one of the best services since we have been here. As we walked to the DFAC afterwards I just kept saying "whew" under my breath because God is just so good!
Our service is supported by three chaplains, myself, the Brigade Chaplain, and another Battalion Chaplain. The rotation that we have is that one chaplain will preach, one will be the liturgist, and the third will have the Sunday off. On the Sundays that I am not preaching I help lead the worship by singing while my assistant plays the keyboard. Today, the Brigade Chaplain was the liturgist, the other BN Chaplain was the preacher, and I helped with music.
This has been a long and difficult week. The chaplain that preached today was not sure that he would make it back in time because he was stuck at a FOB. The brigade chaplain has faced some struggles this week with all the different details of all the Religious Support Teams in the area, and I felt worn out. For me it feels more like being weighed down by everything that my Soldiers are going through. When I sit down in the crap of life with Soldiers, it sticks to me a little bit and I have to find times to refresh myself and clean some of that stuff off.
So, you have three tired Chaplains who would probably all say that they were not "feeling it" as the walked into that service this morning. And yet, right there God shows up, rocks our socks off, and then with a smile points at us and says, "See! It's not about you, its about me! It does not matter what you feel or don't. It does not matter how tired you are or what burdens you are carrying. This is about me and I am ready so hold on!" ... whew! Praise the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment